The Haunting!

by - June 07, 2014




I was very tired that evening. The washing of clothes gave my back a lot of pain and my shoulders a bit of strain. The dinner was heavy. I gulped in 6 chapattis with a dry brinjal-capsicum dish. By 11 pm I left my chair near the laptop and fell on my mattress.  

I was in deep sleep when something started to move. I tried opening my eyes and I could see the figure right above me. It was waving as if chanting some spell on me. My legs had grown cold because of the ceiling fan. I remembered switching off the fan before going to sleep but now it was running in full speed. The figure drew closer to my face and I could hardly move an inch.I felt it almost caressing my throat as my breathing morphed into panting like a sudden gear-shift. 

As I tried to reach the figure with my arms suddenly the image became clearer. And with a sudden gasp I regained my senses and recognized the terror. They were clothes hanging from the metal-strip on the door. I checked my mobile for the time. It was 2:53 AM.

You May Also Like

0 comments